TODAY’S SIGNATURE VERSE ••• First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people (2 Timothy 2:1 ESV)
PRAISE & PRAYER PROMPT ••• I am really struggling to write today. This is the third attempt to come up with something, and I keep stalling. And honestly, I’m just exhausted from the news. As scary as Coronavirus was (is), at least when it started, we saw some unity and positives. People in neighborhoods were standing on their porches to sing together… Stores were opening early to help the elderly shop and feel safe… People were sharing their talent on social media… People were encouraging our first responders, including our police, rather than screaming to defund them.
And as I’ve struggled to write, and what to write about, I keep praying. And after an hour of staring at 26 letters and trying to figure out how to make them into anything worth reading, I feel like I have heard an answer. I’m not supposed to write today’s prayer prompt. You are.
Today’s prayer prompt is about praying for someone you know. Pick someone. Anyone. We all need prayers, so there are no wrong answers. Here are some suggestions of what to pray for them:
- Thank God for them (Romans 1:8)
- Pray first that they will seek God’s will with all their heart (Colossians 1:9 and 4:12)
- Pray that God will guide their steps as they navigate their personal journey (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Pray that they will be shaped to be more like Jesus (2 Corinthians 3:18)
- Pray that they will be guarded from spiritual attack (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
- Pray that they will be filled with longing to know God more (Ephesians 1:17)
- Pray for them to produce spiritual fruit (Colossians 1:10)
- Pray for them to enjoy the joy of the Lord in all circumstances (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17)
- Pray for them to be bold (and have opportunities to be bold) in their faith (Colossians 4:3)
- Pray for God’s mercy and grace on their lives (1 Timothy 2:1)
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to join you in praying through His intercessions, knowing that He will pray about the circumstances of which you may not know (Romans 8:26-27)
Today, as you pray, praise God for the opportunity to pray for others. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide your prayers accordingly.
SHARING ••• Please share with others! Visit www.MyGraceFullLife.com to read past blogs. ***Unless noted otherwise, all Scripture references are from the ESV translation.