PRAISE & PRAYER PROMPT ••• Yesterday morning, I had finished up my prayer time and was getting ready for church.
Within five minutes of my prayer, I got a text that brought discouragement and frustration.
I have been under a spiritual attack for quite a while and I recognized this text and the timing of it for what it was.
But it’s still frustrating.
I don’t understand God’s timing or why He’s letting this persist, but I trust Him.
I claim several passages from Scripture to remind me of Who is in control, but this morning, Isaiah 43:19 was on my mind.
The Voice translation says, “Watch closely: I am preparing something new; it’s happening now, even as I speak, and you’re about to see it. I am preparing a way through the desert; Waters will flow where there had been none.”
I needed this reminder to remember that momentum and motion are in the works.
God isn’t ignoring me and He’s got a plan.
If you’re like me, and there’s a specific prayer you pray for often, you may feel like I do sometimes — like the whole thing takes one step forward and 15 steps back.
But I believe God is going to act in a big and powerful way.
And part of the reason I believe that is because of how hard Satan is fighting in this situation.
Satan’s got a lot of chaos to stir up in what little time he has left; he’s not going to waste energy on a lost cause.
With that said, I’m going to wrap this up, then list out some Scripture to remind us all of God’s perfect will, timing, and promises.
Today, as you pray, praise God because He’s bigger than any doubt, fear, insecurity, disappointment, or Spiritual attack.
Pray and then keep praying.
Then, pray some more.
Whatever is on your heart, keep talking to God about it and don’t stop.
SOME PROMISES & REMINDERS:
- Our prayers are heard! Daniel 10:12 NLT: “Then he said, ‘Don’t be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer.’”
- God has a plan! Jeremiah 29:11: “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’”
- God is listening and He’s not hiding! Jeremiah 29:12-13: “In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.”
- We don’t need our strength, we need His! Philippians 4:13: “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”
- When we’re out of words, the Holy Spirit prays for us! Romans 8:26: “And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.”
- Our prayers have power! James 5:16b: “The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.”
- God won’t leave us and He helps us! Isaiah 41:10: “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”
- God’s will will always happen! Proverbs 19:21: “You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail.”
- God is active and alive! Zephaniah 3:17: “For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”
- God is patient! 2 Peter 3:9: “The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.”