TODAY’S SIGNATURE VERSE ••• And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day. (Genesis 1:31 ESV)
PRAISE & PRAYER PROMPT ••• Last night in Bible study, we were talking about the “I AM” statement, “I am the vine.” After watching a video teaching, we shared our amazement about how God created the grapevine with so many life lessons. But as I’ve thought about this more, I’ve also realized how often we overlook the ingenuity of God. Let’s start in our kitchens with the very foods we eat:
- Tomatoes are great for heart-health and like a heart, they have four chambers—just like a heart.
- Walnuts are great brain food and have you ever noticed how much the walnut looks like a brain?
- Everyone knows that carrots are good for vision, and when you slice a carrot, they resemble an eye.
- Kidney beans are good for the kidneys and as the name implies, they are shaped like them too.
- Celery and Rhubarb both support bone health and both resemble a bone.
- Ginger is great for the stomach… guess what it resembles…
- And y’all – I had to look this one up and it’s true… Peaches provide insoluble fiber to the diet which reduces constipation. And what does a peach look like?? Just sayin’…
I could go on. Google “food that looks like body parts” and you’ll see what I mean. It’s not just that these foods look like body parts, but consistently, they actually benefit the body parts they resemble!
When we take a closer look, it gives us a chance to be amazed by God. He literally thought of everything. There are no gaps in His creation. Genesis 1:31 wraps up the details of the creation and says, “And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.”
I’m keeping things short today but I encourage you to look around. As Romans 1:20a reminds us, “For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.“ God has made Himself evident. In majestic ways, we can see His hand in the starlit skies or a beautiful mountain… all the way to the gardens that produce crops to sustain us. Look for Him. He isn’t hard to find.
Today, as you pray, thank God for thinking of every detail. Praise Him that when He created the world, He included countless details that are purposeful and good. Ask the Holy Spirit for eyes that will see God’s hand in new ways!
SHARING ••• Please feel free to comment or share this blog with others. Also, download a free Bible-In-A-Year Reading Plan when you subscribe to www.MyGraceFullLife.com! ***Unless noted otherwise, all Scripture references are from the ESV translation.